Thursday, April 9, 2009

Potted Gardens cottage style!

As an avid container and cottage gardener, I am always on the hunt for something unusual to plant in besides a run of the mill plastic or clay pot! Below are some interesting and fun container gardens I have created in the past. As you can see you can plant in almost anything except gas cans. I have even planted in cowboy boots and tennis shoes. Your imagination is your only limit to the creative reuses for many container gardens!


Enamel roasting pan overflowing with marigolds--I added a little toy shovel accent



Metal canisters are perfect for narrow places where you need a splash of color



And the stand by metal watering can, overflows with blue lobelia.
(I slid in a gallon size plastic pot inside the watering can)



An old wicker purse lined with plastic was perfect
for bacopa and varigated geraniums

An old rocking chair placed in the garden~the pink
fairy rose loved to spread its wings here!



Old enamel refrigerator drawer is perfect for herbs



Toy rocking horse repainted hosts a basket of yellow marigolds.

I hope I have tickled your imagination for this years potted plants, as I enjoyed sharing it with you too. Visit me at my website Marionberry Cottage to see my other passion, textile art and my love of pink roses too!

3 comments:

blessings said...

I love the rocking chair! My uncle repurposes all sorts of things for garden decor. He sells them at tons of shows so mom and I are always on the lookout for old chairs, shovels, saw blades, etc for him.

Fun Post!!

Blessings.. Polly

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Beautiful displays!!Thank you so much for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Debbie, the cottage pots are wonderful....absolutely charming. Love the rocking horse!